Chairperson of Department:
Name: Dr. Parvinder Singh
Designation: Professor & Chairperson
Phone: 0130- 2484137
E-mail -id: firstname.lastname@example.org
The department offers Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D Degree programmes in Computer Science and Engineering to cater to the everlasting demand of the market. The extensive and sufficient laboratory facilities are one of the added advantages of the Department. These facilities are regularly updated to cope with the ever progressing and rapidly advancing technologies being introduced in software development sector.
The vision of the department of Computer Science and Engineeringis to provide a solid technical base combined with critical thinking, intelligence and experiential learning while encouraging entrepreneurship through open innovation with quality to address challenges of the millennium.
The mission of the department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is to provide students with excellent engineering education whilst promoting ethical values. The department is dedicated to endow students with the knowledge, technical skills, and values that prepare them to excel as engineers and leaders in their profession and to be committed to life-long learning and good citizenship.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The Department has identified the following Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) as per the current industry needs and for pursuing research:
- Students will gain the ability to identify, formulate, and solve challenging IT problems.
- Students will develop professional skills that will prepare them for immediate employment or get involved in interdisciplinary research activities.
- Students will be provided with an educational foundation that prepares them for leadership roles along diverse career paths.
- Students are trained to become future entrepreneurs.
- Students will develop an understanding of the social and human context in which their engineering contributions will be utilized.
- Students will learn to communicate their ideas in form of presentations, seminars and research publications. Moreover, they learn to work in collaboration with other members of the team.
The programme prepares the students for the following:
- To develop an ability to apply knowledge of engineering to deal with real life problems.
- To be able to design the models and to test, analyze and interpret the model on the basis of repository data/created data.
- The post graduates are expected to perform thorough literature survey in their field of interest and come out with software/hardware based solution that meets desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety and sustainability.
- To meet the dynamic technological challenges, the post graduates are expected to demonstrate an ability to function on multidisciplinary areas.
- To be able to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- The PG programme has been designed for overall personality growth such that they have an ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Post graduates are broadly educated to have an understanding of the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- The post graduates are expected to engage themselves in life-long learning.
- The post graduates are expected to have a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- To develop an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering
B.Tech in CSE
M.Tech in CSE
|Faculty Rooms||8 Rooms + 1 Chairperson office|
|Personal Computers/laptops||13 (for Faculty)|
List of software in Lab
|Operating System||l Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit Licensed with System (10 Systems)
l Windows-7 Professional 64 Bit Licensed with System (72 Systems)
l Windows-XP Professional 32 Bit Licensed with System (68 Systems)
l Ubuntu Operating System 32 and 64 Bit (Open Source)
|Research work Software||l QualNet 7.1 with Libraries
l MAT Lab. with Libraries
l (5 User)
l Aneka Cloud Computing Platform (30 User)
l NetSim Standard Version 9.0
|Application Software||l WPS Office (Open Source)
l Adove Reader (Open Source)
l Net Beans with JDK 8 (Open Source)
l Turbo C++ver 3.0
l Turbo Pascal ver 7.0
l Dbase with manual
l MS FORTRAN
l Turbo Pascal
l Lotus 123 R.4.0
l Softek Cobol
l Sco unix
l I freedom scientific JAWS for Windows Freedom Scientific
List of Hardware in Lab
|Computer||Hp Compaq dc7800 Convertible
Intel[R] Core[TM] 2duo
CPU E6550 @2.33GHz (68)
|Hp Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
CPU @3.20GHz (36)
I7-4790 CPU@3.60GHz (46)
|Printer||Hp LaserJet Pro MFP521
Hp LaserJet 1010
|Sl. No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Date of Birth||Highest Qualification||Total Experience in no. of years||Date of Joining the Institute|
|1||Dr. Anita Singhrova||Professor||23-2-1971||Ph.D||21||1||29-09-1995|
|2||Dr. Parvinder Singh||Assoc. Prof.||23-2-1973||Ph.D||15||0||31-10-2008|
|3||Dr. Amita Malik||Assoc. Prof.||26-03-1978||Ph.D||16||2||20-08-2010|
|4||Dr. Sukhdip Singh||Asstt. Prof.||07-09-1977||Ph.D||15||10||05-03-2002|
|5||Ms. Suman||Asstt. Prof.||15-03-1977||Ph.D||15||9||07-05-2002|
|6||Ms. Suman Deswal||Asstt. Prof.||12-09-1977||M.Tech||14||5||05-03-2002|
|7||Dr. Dinesh Singh||Asstt. Prof.||06-09-1979||Ph.D||13||2||08-09-2006|
|8||Sh. Sanjeev Indora||Asstt. Prof.||05-03-1981||M.Tech||11||0||29-09-2006|
|9||Sh. Ajmer Singh||Asstt. Prof.||12-02-1981||M.Tech||8||0||23-10-2008|
|10||Sh. Rajvir Singh||Asstt. Prof.||10-02-1980||M.Tech||9||2||02-05-2010|
|11||Ms. Kavita Rathi||Asstt. Prof.||28-09-1985||M.Tech||6||8||15-02-2010|
|12||Ms. Neetu Verma||Asstt. Prof.||21-02-1984||M.Tech||8||2||02-11-2010|
|13||Sh. Jitender Kumar||Asstt. Prof.||19-03-1983||M.Tech||6||8||19-02-2010|
|Name||Designation||International Journals||National Journals||International Conferences||National Conferences|
|Dr. Anita Singhrova||Prof. and Chairperson||14||1||12||5|
|Dr Parvinder||Assoc. Prof.||62||3||10||10|
|Dr. Amita Malik||Assoc. Prof.||19||1||20||6|
|Dr. SukhdeepSangwan||Asstt. Prof.||10||03||05||03|
|Dr. Suman||Asstt. Prof.||20||Nil||6||6|
|Ms. Suman Deswal||Asstt. Prof.||22||0||2||00|
|Dr. Dinesh Singh||Asstt. Prof.||15||0||05||06|
|Mr. Sanjeev Indora||Asstt. Prof.||05||0||01||03|
|Mr. Ajmer Singh||Asstt. Prof.||7||1||1||2|
|Mr. Rajvir Singh||Asstt. Prof.||14||0||2||1|
|Ms. Kavita||Asstt. Prof.||15||5||0||1|
|Ms. NeetuVerma||Asstt. Prof.||Nil||Nil||Nil||2|
|Mr. Jitender Kumar||Asstt. Prof.||6||0||3||4|